Friday, September 21

Virtuous Souffle


My breakfast. Leftovers of the first souffle I've made and yogurt. Plus coffee of course.

So the souffle was extra fun because I don't have a mixer or anything to beat egg whites. A while back at St. Vinnys I bought an old hand-held egg beater- you know the kind that has a little handle that spins the two whisks at the bottom? Well it works like a charm to beat egg whites. guess there's a reason it's called an egg beater.

But the point is the longer and longer I go not owning a mixer or food processor or microwave the more virtuous I feel about it. Ha! I don't need machines to cook! I don't know if this is just sour grapes or if I really do have a point- another appliance just isn't necessary for great food done easily.

In fact, (not that the picture of my sink full of dishes illustrates this point at all) maybe I even save time not having to lug out a mixer and then wash it all up again. Instead, there is just a small egg beater buried beneath the other necessary implements of making and eating dinner. Clearly I've won this battle.

Wish I could write more about the sauce I made or my plans for ketchup and others but I'm super golldarned busy with work. See ya!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Do you still want my mixer when I get a new one - will you still feel virtuous?

I felt virtuous beating my egg whites at the cabin for pancakes - there was a funky whisk that beat up 8 egg whites to a stiff peak in three mintues.

Eppie said...

that beater sounds great! I'll have to keep my eye out for one of those, a mixer would take up our whole kitchen, hehheh