Monday, September 24

a crock of pickles


Finally! I made a batch of whole dill pickles with the crock method that actually turned out! They spent a couple months in the fridge and I canned them up yesterday. They taste pretty good, especially considering every other time I've tried them they've been mushy, unbearably sour or salty or just plain suspect. Finally I can make both sweet and dill pickles well.

in other news I'll be on TV tomorrow morning at 6 am talking about... food. I have an event coming up for my program I like to explain as "my big deal" this Thursday so I'm bringing in a few dishes local restaurants are making with local foods... Yikes. I need a haircut.

back to work...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THat's so cOol. Are you going to record it, do you have a t.v.?

I havn't figured out how to post yet.
but for breakfast I had a toad in the hold.
yumm yumm
good luck on the tv!!!

Tabitha said...

What station - what station!

We want to watch - maybe they'll stream it or have it archived.

rachel said...

NBC 15,

Now I've got two spots- 6:10am and the 5 oclock news!

Eppie said...

ooh those pickles look great! Matt and I planted some cucumbers on our balcony in hopes of making pickles, but we only got one cucumber, alas.