Wednesday, September 26

krispy kale


my easy dinner #2. Green beans with butter, salt and marjoram/thyme. And krispy kale! Inspired by Tab's gin and tonic with herbs, a gin and tonic as well. With local gin no less! It seems I can walk the walk while drinking my talk.

Oh but on to the krispy kale. Man is this good. as you may know my glorious assent from second place winner to fame as the grand prize winner of the REAP recipe contest was cut short last year. I forsook my chance at fame and glory when I took my job. I think it was the right choice. And this year's winner proves it so. The grand prize winning recipe is as follows:

1 bunch of kale, midribs removed, torn into large pieces
2 T olive oil
kosher salt

Toss the kale with olive oil and salt. Heat the oven to 400. Place the kale in a single layer (important) on a baking sheet or two. Roast in oven for 6-14 minutes, depending on your oven. The kale is done when krisp and browned at the edges. Remove, dump in a bowl, sprinkle with more salt and enjoy.

SOoooooo good! Don't skimp on the oil- these are just like khips but better! Man are they good!

a toast to Local Night Out and the fact that it will be over tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

How did local night out go? Where's the local gin made and is it good?