Wednesday, September 12

Flourets & Cheese

Unfortunately no picture tonight - Stephen has the laptop which has been acting as my camera. My new camera should arrive in the mail next week.

This evening is beautiful and I wanted something warm to eat on the deck. I had a head of cauliflower from the farmers market I'd planned on making curry with. Tossing that plan down the drain I opted for Flourets & Cheese (instead of mac & cheese:)

Flourets & Cheese for One
Steam 2 cups Cauliflower flourets for 8-10 minutes, place in a 5x5 pan when fork tender. Meanwhile melt 1 T butter in a sauce pan and add 2 T flour - cook until toasted approximately 4 minutes (over low heat). Slowly add 3/4 cup milk cook until thickened (over medium heat). Stir in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/3 cup shredded cheese (1.5 oz). Pour cheese mixture over flourets and bake for 35 minutes at 400. Calories: 475 Based on a recipe from Vegetable Love

1 comment:

rachel said...

yup- it's a beautiful kitchen. Decent counter space, big, decent stove, well-lit, I'm spoiled.