Monday, September 10

my dinner table


Hey there! So here's a snapshot of my kitchen table while I was halfway through my dinner tonight. The salad looked good before I devoured it! Let me give you the tour: The salad in front is my new favorite thing. get a bowl and slosh in some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a forkfull of mustard, salt and pepper. Wisk with the fork. Add your CSA lettuce, tomato, garden cucumber, red pepper and basil. then a handful of raisins. Stir. YUM. I thought I didn't like salad until I made this (yesterday).

Also on my table is a really great centerpiece made by my friend James. It was a birthday present and it's a gold, blue and brown mirror mosiac. On it are paprika peppers from my garden, 3 plums from the market that weren't ripe and are now dessicating and one hungarian CSA pepper.

On the side is the single serving raspberry yogurt cake I made tonight. I wanted to make the yogurt cake on www.chocolateandzucchini.com with some leftover raspberry sauce, but I didn't want to have the whole cake hanging around. But I didn't want to give the whole thing away. And I didn't want to give the whole thing, with one piece removed, away. AHA! I made a whole cake and one muffin!!

Also on the table is a plate of tomatoes- mostly from Kristen. Mmmm... the cake was good.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Nice size cake. I've been making pound cake in a 5x5 pan from IKEA with yummy citrus drizzle. I'll make one tomorrow and show you! Wee Hoo - plans plans...