Sunday, September 9

Matcha Tea on a Sunday Afternoon


A couple of years ago Stephen bought me a traditional whisk for making Matcha Tea. I've never had the proper bowl to use it with until Eppie bought me a bowl for my birthday this year. Thanks Eppie! Shown in the picture is the bowl, wisk and the vibrant green tea. The bowl and whisk work superbly - no dredges left in my cup at all. The tea is a little pricy so it will have to remain a treat, $24 for 1 ounce of Matcha, approximately 24 servings. I've purchased cheaper Matcha at the grocery store however it was inedibly bitter.

Matcha Tea
1/2 tsp matcha powder
5 oz 180 degree water

I'm making a butternut squash soup for lunches this week. I've got a bunch of leftover sage from my drink experiments that will be added to the soup as well as some borage from my garden. Absolutely no apples will touch my soup - I get extremely tired of the squash apple soups. Too bad I don't have any jalapenos - I'll try making it intersting with ginger and onions roasted over flames on the stove.

3 comments:

rachel said...

Hey Tab! I see you have those cool double-walled espresso glasses?? How do ya like em? I took a picture of what's on my table suddenly right now for your blog. But I don't think I can post it. I'll send it to ya.

rachel said...

thanks tab! It took me 1.5 seconds to get all excited about this. And my dinner salad is sitting half eaten since i remembered to check... I'll return to my dinner now.

Tabitha said...

I've had the glass since Friday and love em. Stephen wanted to go to World Market to find Tiki embelishments - I found these and some fun tall slim mugs that I'll post later.

The cups keep the iced drink cooler and therefore the ice melts less. My gin, soda and sage drink stays nice and strong instead of watered out - the ice isn't even half melted by the time I'm finished.