Wednesday, September 12

Transition


The passing of summer... first marked by the basil. Turning black at temperatures under 40 degrees the basil is the first to be clear cut from the garden. This is my haul from last night. I didn't have very good production this year because of the 6 week drought followed by 2 feet of rain in 5 days but so it is. I haven't a food processor so I will once again try basil by hand. This year I will be chopping it finely with a chef's knife before grinding it in the huge and beautiful mortar my friends got me for my birthday. A photo tonight perhaps!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Nice Kitchen Rachel - I need to come and visit. I looks like you have some decent counter space. Or are looks decieving in pictures?

Unknown said...

the kitchen looks great - how fun to have it all for yourself and not have to follow anyone else's rules!