Wednesday, September 12

Peaches!




Back in July, Matt and I picked about 40 pounds of peaches on a very toasty (sweltering!) afternoon. It was great fun. I thought it would be just like apple picking, but it was different because you have to make sure it is ripe before you pick it. The peaches are excellent down here, juicy and sweet and tangy. The season is over now, no more peaches at the farmer's market, but here are some pictures, before and after, then a random picture of my turmeric plant.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Looks like an excellent canning job! This was your first time canning correct? It's fun to see all the sizes of peaches - our stores up here usally have pretty uniform ones. We purchased two bags of peaches form Michigan but they weren't as good as the ones we had in Alabama.

Eppie said...

It was the first time I've canned on my own. It was a lot of fun.