Friday, September 14

chocolate.... mmmmm


I had a great day today. We had a nice long downpour this morning and I had the day off so I sat around and read a book. Rainy days(well, moments more like, it never rains for a whole day it seems) are so relaxing to me lately. When I finished my book I made a chocolate cake! It was a chocolate loaf cake, but the name does it no justice. Imagine a cross between chocolate cake, brownies, and a flourless choc cake. Really dense and kinda gooey, but still definitely cake. Anyway, it was tasty.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yummm - but now show us something Catfish has to eat! We have no kitty food offerings on the blog yet ...

rachel said...

Hey Tabi can you post the recipe?? I'm always looking for a cake like that and I hate trial-and-error when it comes to whole cakes and expensive chocolate.

Eppie said...

I, Eppie, can post the recipe : ) It is a neat recipe, very easy to make. Just as a note, it really tastes a lot different a day later, less like cake, more like brownies? but still more dense. I recommend being sure to eat some day one and all following days! tasty both days. Here it be.

Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake
from How to be a domestic goddess
1 cup unsalted butter
1 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
cream together

then add, beating in well
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla

fold in (but don't overbeat)
4 ounces melted bittersweet chocolate

in separate bowl:
1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda

add flour mix alternately spoon by spoon with 1 cup + 2 Tbs. boiling water
the batter is quite liquidy, and mine had a few flour lumps in it but they didn't matter a bit.

Pour into a 9" loaf pan, lined with parchment if you have it, it worked out fine buttered and floured.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, turn down to 325 and cook for 15 minutes. Let it cool completely before taking it out of the pan. and it will definitely sink in the middle.

Hope that made sense, I am a bit sleepy, enjoy the cake

rachel said...

Thanks Epp!