Thursday, September 27

hen of the woods




Last grocery trip I picked up a cool mushroom called hen of the woods or maitake. It looks like chicken of the woods but is white instead of orange. Last night I cooked it up into a gratin with potatoes, ground beef, and a delicious guyere cheese. It turned out nicely, the cheese and the mushroom made it exceptional. (it seems i can't post a picture right now, I'll try to add them later.)

Tonight I wasn't in much of a cooking mood, so Matt made us some soup and cheese and crackers, quite tasty. Now I am enjoying some Rishi Serene tea and playing with the Catfish

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Hi Epp

The gratin looks delicious! Hen of the woods is a mushroom I've rarely seen for sale. The Japanese name is Maitake, translated as dancing mushroom.