Tuesday, October 9

Roasting tomatoes



Hi guys, tonight I used up a batch of Roma Tomatoes. Last spring on an episode of good eats, alton brown made a tomato sauce out of romas roasted in the oven and run through a food mill. Since I don't have a food mill, I peeled them first, roasted them, and put them in the blender. They turned out pretty great, I left them in the oven for a good hour probably. At the same time I roasted a bit of zucchini and egglplant to add to the sauce. Topped off with some crumbled goat cheddar, it was tasty!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I canned roma's this year - usually I can a large batch of the big beef or whatever large tomato is at the market. I'm interested to see how I like cooking with them over the winter - if they taste better or not - we'll see. Your sauce looks marvelous.