Sunday, October 14

26 varieties and dinner
















I went to an apple orchard this weekend that had 30 varieties for sale! I took their purple sharpie and wrote the names on 26 of them so I could try and learn which one's I especially like. I'll have to peel the names away before I eat the whole apple, but I think it's a worthy venture anyways. I'll let you know what I conclude as I eat my way through them! I don't want to slice all of them all at once, I'm just going to take notes as I go.

Then, here's my dinner: a salmon cake on swiss chard with sorrel sauce. I just discovered the salmon in a tuna-type pouch. Less mercury than tuna and if it's Alaskan wild-caught, then it's sustainable too! My salmon cake could use some refining- it was kinda tough but tasty anyways. Oh and it's in the living room so you have a chance to see some new scenery- the davenport, the coffeetable eppie made, and even the rubber tree.

2 comments:

Eppie said...

the apple tasting sounds great! where was the orchard?
The salmon cakes look great, I've only ever had them with tartar sauce and oven fries, I'll have to try the more gourmet version sometime!

Unknown said...

I was at Half Price yesterday and saw a small book with nothing but apple varieties listed, a picture of each one, and a description - would you have been interested in that book?