Saturday, October 13

Friday Fun



Yesterday Stephen & I visited Frontenac State Park and visited the Alexis Bailly Vineyard. My work week was Sun-Thurs so Stephen took Friday off to gallivant with me. The mushroom picture is from our walk along the Mississippi River. The park trails are about 15-20 feet in from the Mississippi shore and 8-10 feet higher than the water line. Very steep trails from the cliff edge to the river. Tons of fun mushrooms to take pictures of - if you want more mushroom pics let me know.

There is a vineyard 10 miles south of Hastings, along our route back to St. Paul. I've never stopped at a winery before so we tried it. For $5 per person we tried all of the wines they produce - 2 whites, 2 rose, 4 reds, and 3 dessert. I ended up purchasing a bottle of their ice wine even though they cheat. Ice wine is supposed to be made with grapes they leave on the vine to freeze. Then while the grapes are frozen they squeeze any of the remaining liquid out. Instead they press their grapes, freeze the liquid and discard the frozen water...Oh Well. It was fun.

No comments: