Monday, October 22

Mushroom Seitan Currry


Yep - last week was busy - I'm glad it's done. I decided to make apple hand pies this weekend. *I break into this posting for an aside. I almost didn't create this blog because I didn't want you guys to know how much I get obsessed on a particular food. I tend to make something over and over for a couple of weeks or months and then move on. You may have noticed the hand pie theme....

Anyway I basically made an applesauce with Prairie Spy, Northern Spy, Anise Hyssop, a little sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and star anise. I thought that by putting it in a hand pie it would be like a normal pie - Not so. I just don't like applesauce. Give me pie, crisp, cider, or raw apples - no applesauce, not even in a hand pie.

Tonight I made an "interesting" yummy quick curry. Sauteed some shallots and ginger in butter; add mushrooms, seitan and sweet curry powder saute further; add goat yogurt, a little home canned tomatoes, a little pumpkin ale, and a little water - simmer till good and serve over rice.

1 comment:

rachel said...

Hey tab, I do that all the time. Like with my post- it's salads for me these days. And jeez, I've made at least 5 apple pies this season. I don't care to make much else except apple crisp. Speaking of.... I might go make that now.