Friday, October 19

Chutney n such


Hey ya. So I guess I haven't really eaten anything interesting lately. Hence the lack of posts. Well, actually I have eaten interesting things, but I had friends over and it seemed weird to wave my laptop in front of the food before we eat. Maybe I'll get used to it...

So this here is my leftover roast chicken from Wed (I roasted one of Kristen's enormous birds with herb butter under the skin, served with root veggies, spinach salad and apple crisp)in a sandwich. I've been getting into the chutney thing lately so this is with a rhubarb curry chutney I made last spring. It keeps forever in the fridge. My late lunch doesn't look very good, but it tasted good.

I've got two recipes planned for this weekend: green tomato, mint and apple chutney and carrot cake jam! Carrots, currants, sugar, apples, cinnamon, walnuts... MMmmmm!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Let me know if the green tomato recipe works out. I harvested a the remaining tomatoes from my garden this weekend and need to do somthing with them.

Which apple did you like best from your previous post?