Saturday, March 28

Leg of Lamb with Mint & Garlic

Great Women Chefs Marvelous Meals & Innovative Recipes from the Stars of American Cuisine, by Julie Stillman
Cookbook 13, Recipe 2 (Total 29)

I was interested in trying something new with a lamb roast - I usually prepare it with a honey mustard rub. I'm not usually into mixing meats, the paprika and bacon rub was definitely something I had not tried.

This recipe is by Joyce Goldstein

Did I like it? Yes - it made absolutely delicious leftover sandwiches.

Recipe: Blend or pound together 3/4 cup mint, 3 cloves garlic, 2 thick slices of natural unsmoked bacon, 1 T paprika, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper and 2 T red wine vinegar. Rub on a 2-3 lb bone in lamb roast and refrigerate overnight. Bring the roast to room temperature. Brush with a mixture of 1/2 cup olive oil and 1 T red wine vinegar. Roast at 400 for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting every 25-30 minutes.

No comments: