Monday, August 31

Cauliflower Torte

My Egyptian Grandmother's Kitchen Traditional Dishes Sweet and Savory, By Magda Mehdawy
Cookbook 37, Recipe 1 (Total 76)

I purchased a huge cauliflower from the farmers market on Sunday and we had a little over a pound of ground beef left over from Eppie's Picnic on Saturday. This recipe used both up nicely. I have today and tomorrow only to use this weeks cookbook. Wednesday I will bake Eppie's wedding cake and we head to Madison on Thursday. I'm getting crunched for time so Stephen helped me today.

Did I like it? Well - it's pretty straight forward - beef with cauliflower on the side. I wouldn't make it again. We both enjoyed the taste of cauliflower cooked in cumin water and would try to adapt that method for a different use.

Recipe: Bring water to a boil with 1 tsp cumin and 2 tsp salt. Add 3 cups of cauliflower and boil for 5 minutes, rinse in cold water. Cook 250oz of beef, place in a pan and surround with the cauliflower. Add 2 eggs to 1/2 cup milk and 2T flour - pour over beef. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

No comments: