Saturday, September 12

Mint-Flavored Fusilli Salad

Twelve Months of Monastery Salads 200 Divine Recipes for all Seasons by Brother Victor-Antoine D'Avila-Latourrette
Cookbook 38, Recipe 2 (Total 79)

The tomato salad was for lunch and for dinner I debated between a pasta or lentil salad.

Did I like it? I wish I had chosen the lentil salad. If I were to make this salad again, I would decrease the pasta to 1/4 lb, increase the fennel to 1 full bulb and add the entire cucumber.

Recipe: Cook 1/2lb of fusilli pasta and place into a large bowl. Add: 1 chopped heirloom tomato, 1/2 peeled, seeded cucumber, 1/2 thinly sliced onion, 1/2 thinly sliced fennel bulb and 1/3 cup chopped mint. Whisk together: 3T olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp dry mustard and add salt and pepper to taste. Dress the salad and serve.

No comments: