Wednesday, February 4

Norwegian Lemon Custard

The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever With More Than 500 Recipes! by Beatrice Ojakangas
Cookbook 6, Recipe 1 (Total 12)

I am sad that my first major flop is an Ojakangas recipe. She's one of my top two authors...oh well...I made this on Monday, hoped on Tuesday that it might improve, threw it in the garbage today.

I was really looking forward to eating this - it's supposed to be the type of recipe that bakes into two layers - the bottom is custard and the top is a sort of egg white cake. However, the custard layer did not set up. I thought that if I set it in the refrigerator overnight it might firm up - nope.

Did I like it? Nope it was liquidy and weirdly separated underneath the top. I decided if the recipe is a flop I won't bother posting the recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I have made this exact recipe many times from the casserole cookbook and it has come out great (and separated) every time... I think you should give it another shot!!