Monday, February 16

Coconut Curry Cake

Where Flavor was Born Recipes and Culinary Travels Along the Indian Ocean Spice Route by Andreas Viestad
Cookbook 8, Recipe 2 (Total 18)

This recipe does not use "curry powder" but a choice mixture of spices usually in curry. I chose to freshly grate coconut - you can use unsweetened dried. It goes without saying - grind all spices fresh.

Did I like it? Very much. I believe it is the lightest cake I've ever made. That may be in part to the self-rising White Lily flour from Eppie - Thanks Eppie!

Recipe
Beat together 8 T butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add three eggs, one at a time. Mix together: 1.5 cups self-rising flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground cardamom, 1/4 tsp ground star anise, 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg, 2 tsp freshly grated ginger, 3 T grated coconut. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Spread into a buttered 10 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream. YUM!

2 comments:

Eppie said...

Matt and I are still working on a chocolate torte I made last week, it is very dense (but tasty!), but once we finish it, I think I will try this recipe

theslol said...

replica bags from turkey replica bags wholesale mumbai 7a replica bags meaning