Monday, November 12

prize winner #2


Here is tonight's dinner. A grilled sharp cheddar, apple (ashmead's kernal- a tart russet) and caramelized onion sandwich with squash lentil soup.

The sandwich was another REAP recipe contest winner- and it's good! Working from home makes making bread and caramelized onions pretty easy. Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do with what I'm making, but I'll figure it out or give it away instead.

The soup was made with squash and puy lentils and a ton of spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, coriander, cumin, kala jera, paprika, fennel seed, pepper, cloves, allspice, saffron, cardamom, and galangal and orange peel. Then it still didn't taste very good- I think because I didn't have stock so I had to use water. So I added pomegranate molasses and kalamata olive tapenade. Then it was good!

1 comment:

Eppie said...

sounds great, I never would have thought of pomegranate and squash