Monday, November 26

Comfort Food


It's been a couple of weeks since I took the bus and walked home from work. Even walking quickly with my nordic mittens from mom and cat hat from Eppie, I was still cold. All I could think about was biscuits and gravy on the walk home. I managed to thaw most of the lamb under cold running water and made Dad style gravy (thickened with cornstarch), it hit the spot.








I tried making Olibollen (with some modifications) two weekends ago and failed miserably. I don't like to waste so much oil on one batch of food so falafel was had yesterday.




You can see the Gingerbread Houses that were made during Fun Day last Friday. I wanted to keep them all to decorate the house!

1 comment:

Eppie said...

The gingerbread houses look great! I shouldn't look at this blog when I am hungry at work, now all I can think about is warm biscuits, yumm