Monday, October 4

Pasties!

While shopping at the Farmers Market on Saturday I decided to make pasties. I've been eating too many frozen burritos for lunch. I had a full day all to my self so after Stephen left for work I ran to the library and The Wine Thief and got to work.

It's been eons since I made pasties.

My mixture contains:
1 large celery root (celeriac)
1 lb cooked ground hamburger
6 (i think) peeled, diced carrots
1/2 the amount of potatoes from Kent & Chrysa's CSA
loads of thyme, oregano and sage from my garden (at least 1/4 cup chopped)
Salt & Pepper

Pasty dough - tested and proven my Ma Armstrong
mix: 3c flour, 1.5 tsp salt, 1.5 tsp baking powder
cut in: 1 cup butter
add: 1 egg beaten with 1 T vinegar
add: 6 T water
Makes 10 standard size. My mixture above made 20 pasties.

350 - until they look and test done (with a fork through the vents) - I forgot to time it for this instruction.

2 comments:

Eppie said...

Nice! I lost my pasty dough recipe a long time ago, and I keep trying new recipes and they are never right. Thanks for posting the good one

Unknown said...

oh yum! i've been wanting to try my hand at some of these... thanks for a place to start :)