Monday, October 4

More uses for Smoked Chicken

My main goal tonight was to use up the remaining smoked chicken and the sad looking 2 pints of beat up cherry tomatoes from the CSA.

So I took the vadalia onion from the CSA and cooked it fairly quickly in some olive oil, added two smashed garlic cloves and then the 2 pints of cherry tomatoes chopped in quarters. To this add a length of thyme, sage and oregano along with some salt. I cooked this down with a cover until it was almost dry. Then I added the remaining cream (I think 1/4 cup) and the remaining smoked chicken (maybe a cup/cup and a half). Check for salt and stuff into two hollowed out delicata squash. Cook at 375 for (Dang it - i forgot to keep track again - sorry). Open it up and mash the squash with the filling.

Also - I had left over filling so I cooked up some elbow macaroni and tossed it with the filling for lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

Eppie said...

Looks tasty. I had something similar at a restaurant in Madison once. It actually came in a whole acorn squash, i hadn't been expecting that much food...