Wednesday, October 13

Bacon Squash Pasta

Cooking for several purposes at once.
On Monday I made baked a potato for dinner. While I had the oven on baking my dinner - I threw in extra potatoes and a black futsu squash for use later in the week. This morning I made peasant potatoes from the baked potatoes and this evening I made dinner out of half the squash. On Sunday while canning Apple Butter - I placed an egg in an empty mason jar and boiled it along with the apple butter for the 10 minutes of processing - perfect for the dinner salad that evening.

Tonight's Dinner
I should have made slightly less or more. It was too much for me to eat all of it with not enough left over for lunch tomorrow.
Fry 2 strips of bacon - remove from pan and drain most of the drippings off. Cook a little chopped onion and 1 clove chopped garlic in the same pan. When almost cooked through add in chopped sage and a pinch of cumin seed. Deglaze with some slightly old white wine from the refrigerator (3 days in my case). Add about a 1/2 cup (may have been more like 3/4) mashed black futsu squash and enough cream to loosen up the entire mixture. Add milk, water or more cream to achieve desired consistency. Chop the bacon and add to the mixture with more chopped sage. Serve over cooked linguine.

2 comments:

Sarah Hedstrand said...

YAY you are posting again! Sorry i yelled at you Friday! :)

Tabitha said...

No problem - Congratulations on your art opening!