Monday, October 4

Almost Free Soup


Kent & Chrysa let us have their CSA share while they are on vacation. It came with a red cabbage that I thought would be good with lamb soup.

So...while looking over Bob's meat options on Saturday I selected a yummy set of lamb ribs (not much meat attached - just ribs). I decided that would be best for the soup. Stephen complained a little that it was the most expensive cut. In my head I disagreed and chose to just pick up my ribs anyway. The first thing Bob says when we give him our selections is "Ribs are on me". Wee Hoo!

So cut up 1/2 a free red cabbage, 1/2 a $1 green cabbage, slice the ribs apart and place in a pot and cover with water about an inch below the food level. Top with salt, whole pepper corns, 1 T butter and 2 T flour. Bring to a boil - cover and simmer for an hour.

No comments: