Monday, October 5

Poached Salted Duck Legs

The Whole Beast nose to tail eating by Fergus Henderson
Cookbook 42, Recipe 2 (total 87)

I certainly cook more this year than I ever have before. A year ago after a overtime day of work like today I would have cooked a pizza or ate ramen. I'm definitely getting used to eating dinner at a later time.

Did I like it? Alone they would be too salty, with lentils they were great. I think it would be interesting to try these cold with crusty bread and brie.

Recipe:Phase I: Brine duck legs (using the same brine as the brisket in the post just before this one) for one week.

Phase II: In a pot combine: 1 small head of garlic, 1 whole carrot, 1 leek split down the middle, 1 stalk of celery, 1 onion peeled and halved, 1 bay leave, a small herb bundle (sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley), 6 peppercorns and the duck legs rinsed from their week of brining. Cover with water, bring to a boil, simmer 1 hour. Serve with lentils.

Earl thought he should have been invited to dinner.

No comments: