Saturday, January 17

Lamb and Leeks Mahala

The Complete Greek Cookbook, The Best from 3000 Years of Greek Cooking, by Theresa Karas Yianilos
Cookbook 3, Recipe 2, (total 6)

The more I read this cookbook the more it reminds me of a Chinese American restaurant where you can find (fill in the blank) Pork, Chicken or Beef. Pick your sauce and choose your meat.

Did I like it? Yes, but I wouldn't make it again. Instead I would adapt the Lamb and Cabbage Stew recipe from Andreas Viestad's cookbook to include leeks. Both recipes are essentially boiled dinner - I missed the cabbage and whole black peppers tonight.

Recipe
Heat 1 T oil over high heat and add 1 lb of lamb meat (lamb stew meat from bob otis again), cook for 10 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water, 3 chopped up leeks, 1 clove smashed garlic and 1 tsp salt, cover and simmer for 2 hours.

No comments: