Sunday, January 18

Celeriac Remoulade with Trout Roe

Chocolate & Zucchini, Daily Adventures in a Parisian Kitchen by Clotilde Dusoulier
Cookbook 4, Recipe 1 (Total 7)

Rachel bought me this cookbook for my Birthday last year. I've admired the recipes in it many times but sadly have not made anything until today. It's one of those few cookbooks that have both great photography and good recipes.

I was surprised at her definition of a medium celeriac - 3 lbs! Most celeriac I find around here is maybe 1 to 1.5 lbs.

Did I like it? Yes. Both Stephen and I were wishing for hot dogs to accompany it. It's coleslaw and pickles all rolled into one dish. I believe it will become my new picnic dish.

To make this side dish:
In a bowl combine:
3/4 cup Greek Style Yogurt
2 Tsp Dijon mustard
1 T lemon juice
1 clove garlic smashed and minced
2 T chopped dill
Add in
1.5 lbs grated celeriac
Salt and pepper to taste. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1 or more hours before serving.

1 comment:

Eppie said...

great presentation Tab! nice looking pictures