Sunday, December 2

Sunday Breakfast


It's been a while since I made a nice Sunday Breakfast. Homemade Sunday breakfast usually includes an entire days worth of calories. This morning I made buttermilk waffles, coffee and hot cocoa, a most excellent way to start the day.




The caption on the peanut brittle recipe reads "Boys' favorite - mothers who find it at church sales take some home". Guess where this recipe comes from... I believe my "man will be pleased" when he arrives home and beholds what I have made:)



Finally, below is the promised dumpling recipe. It's from Beatrice Ojakangas' New Ideas for Casseroles (published in 85). I never would have picked it up if it hadn't been written by her - it's quality

Dumplings:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 T minced fresh parsley
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground mace or nutmeg
2/3 cup milk
2 Tbl butter, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten.

Mix all dry - stir in wet until just moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls cover and cook minimum 15 minutes

1 comment:

rachel said...

Ooo thanks. I'd forgotten myself. I have some really fabulous turkey broth from thanksgiving- maybe I'll make a veggie and dumpling soup. It'd even be good without chunks of meat.

I love weekend breakfasts too. Unfortunately my oatmeal pancakes turned out pretty bad Sat morning. What a disappointment.