Saturday, December 8

bottling cider (and gratin)



Joe and I bottled our hard cider yesterday! I took this picture with the laptop while he ran to the bar on the corner to find more empty bottles. Unfortunately they were having a special on a beer with a twist off cap. So we had to finish by bottling into some canning jars. I have a towel over them in case they explode!

I think it's going to be a success! It tastes really good- not too sweet, not to acidic, bubbly. And it will change in the next few weeks so hopefully it will get even better. Making it was very fun and pretty easy.

Here's also a fruit gratin I had for breakfast. Pear, kiwi, apple and orange pieces with cream and brown sugar under the broiler. I have that fruit CSA I'm always mentally struggling with (cost vs. fun, real CSA vs. fake CSA, need vs. want) but which tastes delicious and does make me find tasty cool new ways to eat fruit.

Lets talk about what we are going to eat for Christmas soon! I'm bringing the milk for egg nog!

No comments: